I'm really chuffed to be nominated for the Happy 101 Blog Award by the lovely Lauren from Coffee Muffins. Lauren's blog is full of interesting recipes that have a bit of a health kick to them - well, apart from the odd one like these naughty Sugar Donut Muffins ;-)
The idea behind this award is to nominate 10 bloggers that brighten your day, list 10 things that make you happy and try to do at least one of them today.
So first off, here are 10 things that make me happy...!
1. Aikido - without a doubt, training is my ultimate endorphin booster. I'd train every day if I could! It's the only thing that makes me switch off completely from everything else in life, which is exactly what's needed sometimes.
2. Dancing - pole fit, street dance or just a good ol' boogie in a club! And yes, I do whack the music up and dance around my room sometimes when nobody's in.
3. Baking success - key word here, success. I've had my fair share of baking disasters but when I do get it right, I love seeing the happy content faces of those I share it out to.
4. My best friends - my oldest friends are still the ones that make me laugh the most and who I feel completely comfortable with.
5. The sun - just makes me get out the house and want to do loads of exciting things :-)
6. Funny films - I'm watching Kung Fu Panda as I write this! I love silly films that make me laugh out loud. Even better is when there is someone silly there to enjoy it with you!
7. A good challenge - I feel like I'm just not getting anywhere otherwise. At the moment, I've just started running again to do a 25k run in July.
8. Interaction with fellow foodies - it's fun coming across great foodies and blogs to follow and interact with.
9. Blogging - my emotional outlet has always been through writing and I'm really glad I've found a way to write regularly (lucky you!).
10. Eating - I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a bit of lard-pot. If my day involves dining out, or trying out a particular recipe, it's the part of the day that I look forward to the most!
And here are 10 foodies I nominate for the Happy 101 Award (again, in no particular order)...
1. Lori Lange, Recipe Girl - Lori set up the Ten in 10 challenge in January which motivated hundreds of people to make healthy lifestyle changes. Thanks to this, I'm still following through with the goals I set from this :-)
2. Josie Maurer, YumYucky - I haven't come across another blog yet that makes me laugh out loud as much as this one!
3. Healthy Eats - tons of suggestions and advice here for healthier eating, love it.
4. Vera, Baking Obsession - I'm always wowed by the beautiful photography.
5. Donal Skehan, The Good Mood Food Blog - I love the design of this website and how the recipes are presented.
6. Claudia Colenzo Lamascolo, What's Cookin' Italian Style Cuisine - think it's great how Claudia always manages to get good discussions going at Foodbuzz and the like.
7. Julia Mestas, Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body - I've bookmarked so many recipes (mainly cakes!) to adapt and try out from this fabulous site.
8. Lazaro Cooks - lots of interesting recipes from all different types of cuisines.
9. Michelle, Brown Eyed Baker - Amazing baking feats here, including this incredible Super Mario Brothers cake, whoop whoop!
10. Evil Shenanigans - I'm forever salivating over the baking photos.
Ah, just thinking about what makes you happy and bigging up your happy bloggers puts a smile on your face! Pass on the award and let your favourites know you've nominated them :-)